Sunday, February 7, 2010

UEN: Utah Education

What: This week our class explored the UEN website. The Utah Education Network’s website gives teachers the opportunity to build their own website. They can also get videos, lesson plans and games off the UEN site. It also offered continuing education classes.

Now What: I don’t know how this will affect my life yet. Maybe by the end of next week I will realize the potential of this website. The site does seem to be a treasure trove of information and applications. The first thing I noticed was all the educational games that could be accessed from the website. It is always important to get kids interested in learning and some of these games can do that.

As a student I can find current articles on education and stay informed and up to date. These articles would have come in handy last semester when I took an Intro to Education class. I had to search the internet to find news stories about education today. If I known about UEN it would have save me time. As I use the website more next week I am sure I will find many more uses for it.

So What: I can already see more applications for the UEN website in my future career as a teacher. I can use the online classes to further my education and possible raise my salary and employability. The classes will also keep me well informed about new technologies and teaching techniques. So I guess the website could make me a better teacher.

I think the UEN site might be more than just a simple internet site. It could be a place where teachers would come together, gather lesson plans, games, videos, links, education and information all without leaving their home. Hopefully I will think the same thing after next week.

Video: President Obama's Speech to America's Youth. I thought his speech would upset me, but was pleasantly surprised. He said nothing controversial. This is good. Today youth does need to stay in school and work hard. Motivation to stay in school isn't a bad thing. I just hope they make their own choices and base their lives on what others say.

No comments:

Post a Comment