Sunday, March 28, 2010

More Than Just SlideShows

What: This week I explored Microsoft PowerPoint and the book 50 Quick and Easy PowerPoint Activities by Tammy Worcester.
Now What: PowerPoint is by far my favorite Microsoft products. I’ve been a fan for many years now. With the exception of Microsoft Word it is the one computer program I have used the most in my college career. I have made my share of slideshows and taught many different subjects using the wonderful program. I have also used PowerPoint to help my son make both a book report and a Spanish Mi familia slideshows. I was getting bored with, you guess it slideshows.
So What: Until now I have never utilized PowerPoint for any but slideshows. Again with the slideshows, I guess I could not think outside the box. Thankfully I found Tammy Worcester’s book 50 Quick and Easy Power Point Activities. In the book the author gives new and different ideas for use with PowerPoint. Some of my favorite ideas were the accordion books, bookmarks and flash card made from the printed slide notes. I can see implementing many of these ideas in my classroom. The book helped me go beyond the normal and explore the unexpected.
Video: “I Believe in Me”
The little boy in the video just wants his school teachers to believe he can grow-up be something great. Teachers should believe that every child has the capability to do and be their best. They just need to guide them, love them, care and teach them. This can be overwhelming in a day and age of overcrowded schools and budget cuts. I guess that why they say you need to have enthusiasm, drive passion, eagerness, patience to become a teacher. I hope I have what it takes.

No comments:

Post a Comment